Sunday 4 August 2013

My Burger Lab – A+ Burger


When you think of burgers, I bet McD, Burger King and Carl’s Junior are the few names that pop up.
Depending on my mood, I personally love all 3 fast food chain burgers. McD for Mc. Spicy/Fillet-o-Fish, Mushroom burger from Burger King and if I’m craving for a LARGE burger, I’ll go for Carl’s Junior.

So that day, I was craving for burgers, but I wanted to find something special. Thanks to my lovely new friend, I found out about the charcoal burger in SS2.

We have been warned that there will be a long queue, even if you reached there at 5pm when they open (it’s open till 10.15pm). But that didn’t stop us from trying it out.
Lucky for us, the queue to order wasn’t long, but waiting for the burger was a bit.


The restaurant is actually located in a residential area, literally across a stretch of terrace houses. However, the crowd was mostly youngsters, making you feel as though you’re in a college campus diner. It’s a really small restaurant with endless long tables, making the place really crowded; the strong greasy smell in the air from the open kitchen doesn’t help eliminate the stuffiness of it either.

The service there was pretty good, there’s someone to assist you in ordering your burger if you’re a first timer. The girl was nice enough to recommend the A+ for beef lovers, and Spicy Hawaiian Chicken for chicken lovers. Since it was my first time, I went for the A+ recommendation. 



You can choose to add on fries and drinks (free refill) for an additional RM6 to make it a set, so based on their menu, a set burger would cost around RM20 – 30 (Approx SGD 8 – 12/ EUR 5 – 7.5). I would say it’s pretty expensive judging from where it is located, I mean come on, this is shopping mall prices for god’s sake.


So after a 15 minute wait, our number was called (self-service) and we finally got the savor the famous “Black burger”. 


The bun was soft and sweet (usually charcoal buns are sweet), the beef was nice and juicy, you can actually taste the caramelized onions and the sauce had a tinge of garlic to it, the cheese was just nice. I would say it wasn’t bad at all. 


The fries were a bit too salty for my liking, but they were generous with their rosemary spices and it was crispy. What I liked about it all was that it had a home-made taste to it, unlike the commercially prepared burgers by the fast food chain. 


I was trying to figure out what the orange sauce was made of, but I could only taste the garlic, and perhaps some mayonnaise; but I think that is what makes it unique. Next time, I'll try their Beautiful Mess, it has an egg to it, just how I like it =)) 

Final verdict: 7/10


    

No comments:

Post a Comment