Monday 5 August 2013

Ben’s – Moroccan Lamb Pie & Red Velvet Cake

 

I patronize Ben’s quite frequently when I’m at Pavilion, since it’s one of the few decent Western Restaurants with a nice ambiance at reasonable prices. My personal favourites are its House Salads, Portobello Mushroom Burger (the pesto sauce is amazing), Beef Bolognese Spaghetti, and PESTO Spaghetti (I really love their pesto sauce :p).

So that day, I wanted to try their dessert, and a friend of mine had their Lamb Pie.

Many of you should know I’m a sucker for desserts, and their long list of desserts to choose from was really tempting. So for my first time,  I chose my favourite – Red Velvet cake (RM11.90 / SGD 4.8 / EUR 3).




I can only say I wanted to cry =((  It was the worst Red Velvet cake I’ve ever had!
You can’t taste the chocolate at all, except for that miserable layer of chocolate sauce.
The cream cheese was over-powering! And it wasn’t soft enough, it was like a chunk of butter. *cries
I’ve never been this disappointed in a dessert ever. Let’s hope their other desserts aren’t as horrible.

Final verdict: 3/10



Then came the Moroccan Lamb Pie (RM 29.90 / SGD 12 / EUR 7.5). I thought that the pie stuffing would have the Moroccan sauce in it, but fortunately, it was just the meat and the sauce was separately placed on the side, which is a good idea, as some might not want it too spicy.

At first glance it seemed normal, but once you cut into the pie, you’d realize how soft the crust is, hence the very messy photo :p


The meat was nicely cooked, tender but not too soft, and the crust was light and not too filling. I loved how it was accompanied by the small house salad (so I don’t have to order a large one) too. I’d say the sauce had a combination of BBQ, Tomato, and Tabasco, giving it a sweet, spicy and tangy taste; but I enjoyed the pie even without the sauce =)) Next time I’ll try their Chunky Chicken Mushroom Pie.

Final verdict: 7.5/10
Location: KLCC, Pavilion, Bangsar Shopping Center, Publika Solaris Dutamas & Gurney Paragon.


    

No comments:

Post a Comment